My name is Amber!
Firefighter wife. Mom of 4. Furmom. Friends fanatic (yes, the TV show)
And whatever other label that has been slapped on me along the way
I started a blog once.
At a time in my life where I thought perfection was key.
In fact, that is why it never stayed consistent.
Why I never allowed myself to just JUMP all in!
You see, all of these bloggers have all the things I don’t.
They have all of the words…ok ok. I have all of the words too!
But they have schedules and content and photography or they have all of the recipes they create or all of the mommy hacks. Or they have all of the sponsors or referral links or whatever else badass bloggers have.
And, let’s be honest.
I have all the sass, sarcasm, curse words, and all of the balls to drop.
My specialties include: using sarcasm in any uncomfortable situations, quoting Friends in almost any situation, having long chats with either of my dogs, binging on Netflix like it’s my job, hiding in the bathroom to read so my kids will give me 5 dang minutes to myself and building a business most people don’t even understand. Oh and dropping balls.
I mean. There is a tutorial for using WordPress…I haven’t watched it. Yet Hence why currently it looks like my 5 year old threw together this layout. I have to be ok with that if I want to ever get to some content.
I am a fly by the seat of my pants kind of gal. Some days it serves me…others, not so much.
Most days, I don’t know what day it is.
No, really. We once showed up to BWW for boneless wings Thursday only to be told it was Wednesday.
I am always just bobbing in the deep end and hoping I don’t drown. It always looks so different online though, doesn’t it?
The problem with that online persona, the problem with that IG model, the problem with the lifestyle blogger persona is it makes the rest of us feel inadequate, right? Second guessing ourselves…the way we look, the way we post, the way we dress, hell, it can make us second guess what we even want in life or who we want to be. Making us strive for perfection and when we fall short, we spiral out of control or begin to doubt our worthiness.
I think it is friggin’ time we knock all of that off.
Seriously, I am over it.
I am tired of thinking I have to be a Pinterest mom. Tired of thinking I have to have my ish together.
In fact, I decided to #embracetheISH so much so that it has become a part of who I am. And I think that maybe…just maybe we could start a movement.
A movement that tells the world that we can be total badasses and embrace the ish.
Being a badass is 80/20 in my opinion. Be on point 80% of the time and a hot mess the other 20% and being ok with it!
Look, I don’t have schedules or weeks of content typed out YET and I don’t know the evolution of That ISH Life.
But, what I know is this…I am learning every day to embrace the ish in so many aspects of my life. It doesn’t mean that I don’t give 100% of myself to so much of what I do. What it means is I have learned to stop being so hard on myself. I generally just pick up the dropped ball and keep moving forward.
*Or* some days I just dropkick that dang ball across the yard and I pick up a brainless romance novel and plant myself in a bubble bath. And I will do that without apology!
These days, my life is full of ish! Okayish mom, paleoish, fitish, boss babe-ish and now bloggerish!
So, tell me…what ish are you embracing friends?